What is SBRI?
Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) funds the Research and Development of new exciting, innovative solutions to address unmet needs within health where no readily available market solution exists.
What we can do for you
We work with Public Sector Bodies to identify and resolve challenges within health. We will come and talk to you in a friendly and confidential way to discuss the challenges you are facing.
We will help you with the application process and to obtain SBRI funding, with ongoing support and assistance throughout the process.
Other services we provide include: Project Management, Mentoring, Training and Bid Writing Support.
Benefits for public sector
- Funding to resolve your challenges within health.
- Work collaboratively with like-minded individuals and business.
- Develop innovative solutions with businesses.
- Potential to make improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Free project management support from an experienced delivery team.
Benefits for patients
- To be able to give feedback to the public sector on the challenges that they face.
- To be listened to.
- To co-produce innovative solutions to improve patient experience.
- To improve quality of care and the services that we offer.
Benefits for Industry
- A unique opportunity for business and academia to develop and demonstrate innovative ideas and solutions to the Public Sector.
- Fully funded with a potential route to market.
- Businesses retain the Intellectual Property.
Aims of the service are to:
Other Benefits of the SBRI Programme
Delivering significant health and wellbeing benefits to patients and their families living within Wales through the development of innovative technologies via the SBRI programme.
Working collaboratively with people and communities to take a more joined up approach to prevent and resolve problems, while reducing demands on already pressurised services and transforming current models of health and social care.
Aiding in boosting the economy by engaging with innovative companies to turn their bright ideas into commercially viable products. This is likely to both create and safeguard jobs.
Leveraging substantial new research and development into Wales.
Supporting Welsh Government strategy by driving innovation and technology to resolve identified health focused challenges across Wales.
Skilling and developing people in Wales.
Meet the Team
We are a passionate and enthusiastic team with experience in managing and delivering successful SBRI projects. Our aim is to work accross Wales to improve the health and wellbeing of its citizens while resolving challenges our public sector collegues face. We are an approachable and friendly team please get in touch.